Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- Take all routine medications,unless otherwise directed by the surgeon.
- Do not smoke at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow. Do not wear high heels or flip-flops.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures will be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Notify the office in case of illness, such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
If you have questions, please contact the office at 229-247-7585.